Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: Who Pays for Rubbish Bin Replacement?

November 19, 2017, 12:01 PM HST
* Updated November 19, 9:04 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

PC: County of Maui.

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected], 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Dear Mayor Arakawa:

Q: If I need to have my rubbish cart replaced due to damage from the automated rubbish truck, will I have to pay for a new one?


A: No, if the damage was caused by a Maui County residential refuse collection truck, you do not have to pay for a new cart.


However, when folks damage the cart themselves, the charge for a replacement is $105.

Please call our Solid Waste Office in the Department of Environmental Management at (8080) 270-7720 for more information.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments