No Tsunami After Series of Small Earthquakes Off Hamakua Coast
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a correction to an earlier statement saying:
“The location and magnitude of the earthquake in that message were in error due to multiple small earthquakes occurring in quick succession. Further analysis separated the earthquakes which were all less than 4.0 in magnitude.”
There is NO tsunami after a preliminary 4.1 magnitude earthquake reported at 10:29 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 off the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island of Hawaiʻi, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
- 55.2 miles NNW of Hilo, Hawaiʻi;
- 25.2 miles NNE of Kukuihaele, Hawaiʻi;
- 67.0 miles NNW of Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaiʻi;
- 67.5 miles NNE of Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi; and
- 167.1 miles ESE of Honolulu, Hawaiʻi.