United Airlines flights to and from Kahului Airport Cancelled on Friday
Maui Now has confirmed that all United Airlines flights to and from Kahului Airport on Friday, Aug. 24, are cancelled.
Airline representatives tell Maui Now that there are no disruptions to the schedule today (Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018), however due to weather conditions they will be forced to cancel flights for Friday, August 24 in and out of Kahului Airport (OGG).
Airline representative Frank Benenati said, “We have taken steps to reduce fares beyond what a regular last-minute fare would be and we encourage our customers who are traveling to, from or through areas affected by Hurricane Lane to take advantage of our waiver policies in place where the change fee and any difference in fare will be waived. We have also scheduled two additional flights today from of Honolulu to San Francisco. We continue to closely monitor the weather situation and customers can visit united.com or our app for the latest updates and developments.”
See below for more background on the company’s efforts:
- Taken steps to reduce fares beyond what a regular last-minute fare would be.
- Scheduled two additional flights for today – one 777-300, the largest in our fleet, and one 757-300 from HNL to SFO.
- Enacted waiver policy where the change fee and any difference in fare will be waived.
- Lined up temporary duty airport operations employees to fly to the islands in the event any of its employees are impacted by the storm.
- Operations team currently securing its hangar in Daniel K. Inouye Airport in Honolulu (HNL).
- United is closely monitoring the weather situation and customers can visit united.com or the airline’s app for the latest updates and developments.
- Customers are encouraged to take advantage of waiver policies. The waiver is for travel scheduled through August 26 for flights out of these airports: Hilo, HI (ITO); Honolulu, Oahu, HI (HNL); Kahului, Maui, HI (OGG); Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA); Lihue, HI (LIH)
- The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before September 9, 2018, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
- Customers who require re-booking or customers without reservations should not go to the airport. Instead customers are encouraged to call 1-800-UNITED-1 where they can rebook.
Here are some additional transportation related updates that we have posted:
MAUI BUS/MEO: MEO transportation ended services on Wednesday, Aug. 22, at 6 p.m. All Maui Bus and MEO transportation services will NOT operate on Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018, until further notice. Bus service at the Queen Kaʻahumanu Center hub stopped at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018.
FLIGHT STATUS: The Federal Aviation Administration issued a Tweet on Wednesday morning saying “Hurricane Lane may cause airlines to cancel flights in the direct path of the storm near Hawaiʻi. Please check flight status with your airline. You can also check the status of major airports in the storm path.
HAWAIIAN AIRLINES TRAVEL WAIVERS (Click link for information).
EXPEDITIONS MAUI-LANAI FERRY SCHEDULE CHANGE (Click link for information).
AIR CANADA FLIGHT AC1828: Air Canada flight AC1828 Maui to Vancouver on Aug. 23 is now departing earlier in advance of Hurricane Lane. Passengers on this flight are advised to check revised departure times online.
UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHTS TO KAHULUI (OGG) CANCELLED ON FRIDAY AUG. 24: The County of Maui released information this morning saying they were informed that all United Airlines flights to and from Kahului Airport on Friday, Aug. 24, are cancelled.