Hawaiian Telcom Update – Tropical Storm Lane
Aligned with the updated weather forecast, Hawaiian Telcom is moving toward business as usual operations on O‘ahu and Kaua‘i today to serve customers. If weather conditions remain stable, operations on Hawai‘i Island and Maui County should return to business as usual on Monday, August 27.
Hawaiian Telcom’s Field Operations team has begun conducting damage assessments where it is safe to do so. Their Network Operations Center continues 24 by 7 monitoring of changing weather conditions and network and infrastructure, which has held up well.
“I want to extend special thanks to our employees and first responders, many of whom braved the heavy rain and storm conditions to restore connectivity to our customers,” said President and General Manager John Komeiji. “While Tropical Storm Lane is not over yet, our team remains on high alert and ready to respond. I’m very proud of their efforts and commitment to Hawai‘i.”
- Hawaiian Telcom’s Consumer Sales Center (643-3456) will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. today.
- Hawaiian Telcom TV Sales & Service Center – Downtown (1177 Bishop St.) will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hawaiian Telcom TV Sales & Service Center – Kapolei (91-979 Kamaaha Ave.) will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Customers may report service issues to our 24-Hour Service Center at 643-6111 or online at http://support.hawaiiantel.com
. Repairs will begin when weather conditions have returned to normal and it is safe for our employees to begin the work.
- Fallen utility poles/cables can be reported to our 24-Hour Service Center at 643-6111 or online at http://support.hawaiiantel.com
. For your safety, avoid downed lines as they could be active power (electric) lines that are dangerous to touch. Moving them could also hamper restoration efforts.