WORKSHOP: Rock Your Business in 2019
Maui businesses are invited to Maui Business Brainstormer’s (MBB) first workshop of its “Rock Your Business in 2019” event, a series of free educational workshops being offered during January.
Every entrepreneur, small business owner, owner of a mom-and-pop shop or Maui-based emerging business who wants to see their business grow in a Wi-Fi-connected world should attend this initial workshop, titled “Set Up Your WiFi Security Standards Including PCI-Compliance.”
Wi-Fi will be 20 years old in 2019. Given the importance of Wi-Fi to everyday businesses (and to our personal, social and professional lives), MBB has invited a top-notch expert and speaker on the subject, who will share how WiFi works and where it is heading, and other facts about Wi-Fi you didn’t know you needed to know.
The WiFi Security Standards session will be held on Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center in Kahului. The event is free, but seating is limited.
An online RSVP is required.
Complimentary light refreshments will be served.
The Wi-Fi workshop will cover the following topics:
- What are the parts of a Wi-Fi wireless network and how do they best fit together?
- What are the most common points of failure with wireless Internet systems?
- How can small businesses best implement secure Wi-Fi connectivity for customers and clients?
- What security threats are present in Wi-Fi networks and how can they best be mitigated?
- What is “PCI Compliance” and how does it impact credit card processing requirements?
- Whatʻs coming next in the way of Wi-Fi wireless technology?
- What should you do, personally, to remain safe and secure on the Internet?
Maui resident Joseph Bardwell is the featured guest speaker.
He is president and chief scientist at Connect802 Corporation, a national wireless system solution provider founded in 1994 and based in San Ramon, California.
His professional career spans over 30 years including undergraduate studies in education and graduate-level studies in computer science, electrical engineering, and physics. He is a nationally recognized speaker and has been called on to deliver technical presentations for IBM, NASA, the National Security Agency, and many other high-tech clients in the United States and Europe. His professional career includes management and executive positions with a number of computer network industry leaders.