First Annual Four Seasons Wine & Food Classic, Mar. 1-3
The first annual Four Seasons Wine & Food Classic, a three-day event featuring world-class vintners, master sommeliers and top chefs, will convene in Wailea, Maui on March 1 to 3, 2019.
The event was developed in partnership with president and principal of globally-recognized Wally’s Wine & Spirits Christian Navarro.
“This event is exciting and unique, as it brings wine and food lovers together with winery owners, winemakers and winery dignitaries from around the world to spend three days together eating, drinking, and sharing paradise at Four Seasons Resort Maui, which has become one of the world’s leading wine destinations,” said Navarro, who has curated a list of nearly 30 preeminent wine producers.
Headliners include Dom Pérignon, Krug, Opus One, Château Cos d’Estournel, Colgin, Harlan Estate, Biondi Santi, Maison Louis Jadot, Billecart-Salmon and many more. Acclaimed spirit producers Louis XIII and Casa Dragones will also join the weekend.
Celebrity guest chefs will be heading to Maui as well.
Four Seasons Maui Executive Chef Craig Dryhurst will be joined by Michelin-starred chef Jason McLeod of CH Projects; Jason Fox of Michelin-starred Commonwealth; Top Chef star Jennifer Carroll of Spice Finch; Ryan Kluver of Wally’s Beverly Hills and Wally’s Santa Monica; and Peleg Miron of Spago Maui.
Friday, March 1, 2019, 5 to 6 p.m.
Wine tastings feature lively discussion moderated by sommeliers, rare vintages and sunset views. Guests choose from one of the following:
- Brunello di Montalcino Legend Biondi Santi
- Napa Valley Superstars featuring The Mascot, Realm, Dana Estates, Sinegal Estate and Opus One
- Louis Roederer Champagne & Roederer Estate: France vs. California
- A Discovery of Pinot Noir featuring Williams Selyem, Kistler, Peter Michael, Joseph Drouhin and Maison Louis Jadot
- Louis XIII Cognac
Elite Wine Dinners
Friday, March 1, 2019, 7 p.m.
Intimate under-the-stars dinners feature one of the top wineries in the world and a visiting celebrity chef. Following dinner, guests will enjoy access to an exclusive After Party at the Resort’s famed Serenity Pool featuring spectacular desserts by Four Seasons Maui Executive Pastry Chef Bruce Trouyet and Casa Dragones after-dinner cocktails crafted by the Resort’s Master Mixologist Ben Yabrow.
Guests choose from one of the following:
- Colgin Dinner featuring Chef Jennifer Carroll, hosted by Colgin owners Ann Colgin and Joe Wender
- Harlan Estate Dinner featuring Chef Jason Fox, hosted by Harlan Estate director Don Weaver
- Pio Cesare Dinner featuring Chef Jason McLeod, hosted by Pio Cesare seventh-generation winemaker Pio Boffa
- Marciano Estate Dinner featuring Chef Ryan Kluver, hosted by Marciano Estate owner Maurice Marciano and winemaker Morgan Maureze
- Château Cos d’Estournel Dinner featuring Chef Peleg Miron, hosted by Château Cos d’Estournel brand director Etienne Nantes
Saturday, March 2, 2019, 1 to 2 p.m.
Resort Manager Martin Dell conducts a Riedel-certified glass tasting experience, leading guests through a hands-on experience where they discover how glass shape, density and size affects taste.
200th Anniversary Celebration with Champagne Billecart-Salmon
Saturday, March 2, 2019, 4 to 5 p.m
Guests will enjoy eight cuvées, including rare vintages, at family-owned champagne house Billecart-Salmon’s 200th anniversary set in the Resort’s palatial Presidential Maile Suite.
Saturday, March 2, 2019, 6 to 9 p.m.
Twenty-seven world-renowned wine producers, Casa Dragones luxury artisanal tequila and innovative fresh local cuisine from Executive Chef Craig Dryhurst and all celebrity guest chefs will delight guests at the grand tasting event set on the Resort’s stunning Ocean Front Lawn. Guests will mix and mingle with visiting vintners and master sommeliers, as well as the Resort’s robust staff of more than 20 sommeliers.
Brunch & Bubbles
Sunday, March 3, 2019, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The weekend concludes with a lavish brunch featuring the best Champagne houses in the world and Italy’s top prosecco producer Bisol. Champagne producers include Dom Pérignon, Krug, Moët & Chandon, Ruinart, Veuve Clicquot, Taittinger, and Billecart-Salmon.
For reservations, tickets or inquiries, call (808) 874-8000 or visit www.fourseasons.com/mauiclassic.