Applications Extended for Maui Boards and Commissions
Applications will continue to be accepted for vacant positions on boards, councils, commissions and committees due to the expiration of terms and vacancies. The deadline for applications has been extended to Jan. 15, 2019. Applications also are accepted year-round to fill vacancies due to resignations.
Responsibilities include hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards and making recommendations. Positions are appointed by the Mayor, confirmed by the Maui County Council and have terms lasting two to five years. While no monetary compensation is provided for serving on a board or commission, the public’s participation helps provide an important government service. Volunteers are reimbursed for allowable travel expenses.
Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may apply online at www.mauicounty.gov/Boards. Paper applications are available at the County Building in the Mayor’s Office on the 9th floor, and in the Information Booth in the main lobby; at all public libraries; at Council Services offices on Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi and in Hāna; and at all Parks and Recreation Permit offices (Wailuku, Makawao, Lahaina, Kīhei, Hāna, Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi). Paper applications should be mailed to: Mayor Michael Victorino, County of Maui, 200 S. High St., Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870.
Applications are being accepted for:
- Affirmative Action Advisory Council
- Board of Ethics
- Board of Variances and Appeals
- Board of Water Supply
- Civil Service Commission
- Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Cost of Government Commission
- Council on Aging
- Fire and Public Safety Commission
- Kula Agricultural Park Committee
- Liquor Control Adjudication Board
- Liquor Control Commission
- Maui County Cultural Resources Commission
- Maui Planning Commission
- Maui Redevelopment Agency
- Molokaʻi Planning Commission
- Police Commission
- Public Works Commission
- Real Property Tax Review Board
- Salary Commission
- Urban Design Review Board
For more information, call the Office of the Mayor at (808) 270-7855 or visit www.mauicounty.gov/boards.