Maui Discussion

Ask The Mayor: How Do We Get A Streetlight Fixed?

January 20, 2019, 3:06 PM HST
* Updated January 17, 1:11 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Maui County Mayor Michael Victorino answers some of the most-asked questions submitted to his staff.

Q: A streetlight near our house in Kīhei has been out for a long time and still hasn’t been fixed. Without this streetlight on, it is very dark and I fear it’s a security issue and safety concern for our children. How do we get our light fixed?

A: That is a very good question and one our Department of Public Works gets many times every year.

Maui Electric Co. handles most streetlight issues in the county and can be contacted for general outages. Maui Electric can be reached on its 24-hour trouble line at 871-7777 on Maui and (877) 871-8461 on Molokaʻi and Lānaʻi.

MECO will ask you for the number located on the pole and the location of the streetlight. You can also report a streetlight outage online at


Want to ask the Mayor?


Submit your Maui County related questions to Mayor Michael Victorino by email at [email protected], by phone at (808) 270-7855 or via mail to 200 S. High Street, ninth floor, Wailuku, Hawaiʻi 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information
E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments