Maui County Health Centers Get $5.9 Million
The US Department of Health and Human Services will award 14 community health centers in Hawai‘i federal funding totaling more than $28.7 million.
On Maui, $1.8 million will go to the Mālama I Ke Ola Health Center (Community Clinic of Maui); and $1.3 million will go to Hāna Health. The Molokaʻi Community Health Center is targeted to receive $1.2 million; and $1.6 million has been allocated for the Lānaʻi Community Health Center.
US Senator Brian Schatz (D-Hawai‘i), a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, who announced the funding said, “Community health centers offer an affordable and accessible outlet for thousands of people across our state to receive care they might not otherwise be able to. This funding will give these centers the resources to continue providing comprehensive health services to Hawai‘i families where they are needed most.”
Community health centers provide comprehensive, high-quality primary health care services to medically underserved individuals and families. The community health centers receiving funding are:
- Kalihi-Palama Health Center on Oʻahu, which is receiving $3,518,386;
- Kōkua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services on Oʻahu, which is receiving $2,922,712;
- Waiʻanae Coast Comprehensive Health Center on Oʻahu, which is receiving $3,510,777;
- Mālama I Ke Ola Health Center (Community Clinic of Maui), which is receiving $1,885,839;
Waimanalo Health Center on Oʻahu, which is receiving $2,031,688;
- Molokaʻi Community Health Center on Molokaʻi, which is receiving $1,292,131;
- West Hawai‘i Community Health Center on Hawai‘i Island, which is receiving $2,505,787;
- Hoʻola Lāhui Hawai‘i on Kauaʻi, which is receiving $1,369,194;
- Hāna Health on Maui, which is receiving $1,367,995;
- Koʻolauloa Health Center on Oʻahu, which is receiving $1,710,765;
- Waikīkī Health on Oʻahu, which is receiving $1,742,347;
- Hamakua-Kohala Health Centers on Hawai‘i Island, which is receiving $1,497,992;
- The Bay Clinic on Hawai‘i Island, which is receiving $1,724,793; and
- Lānaʻi Community Health Center, which is receiving $1,669,959.