Recruitment Opens for Conservation Enforcement Officers
Recruitment begins today for Conservation and Resource Enforcement Officers to fill vacancies across the state. The positions do not require any previous law enforcement experience, however, there are limited spaces available.
DOCARE Enforcement Chief Jason Redulla explained, “Since these positions do not require any previous law enforcement experience, we expect a large number of people will be interested in applying. We have a limited number of positions available and anyone interested in applying should do so as soon as possible.”
Applications are available online through the Dept. of Human Resources Development.
Basic qualifications include:
- Minimum age of 21 at the time of application
- Two years of general work experience
- Meet federal and state firearms regulations
- Able to swim 100 meters within three minutes
- Able to hike one mile within 20 minutes
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicants subject to background & fingerprint clearances, pre-employment drug testing