Maui Missing Person Cases Added to NamUs Website
Effective April 1, 2019, the Maui Police Department will be uploading it’s Missing Person cases to the NamUs website, a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified and unclaimed person cases across the United States.
The public will be able to use NamUs to get updates on any Missing Person case. They will also be able to use it as a resource to locate unidentified or unclaimed persons.
As of this morning, there were a total of 111 cases within the state of Hawaiʻi that were uploaded to the site, at least 12 of them from Maui.
The Maui cases date back to 1995 when 15-year-old Noquisi-Ama Blossom was reported missing from Makawao. It also includes more recent high profile cases involving the disappearance of Moreira Monsalve and Carly “Charli” Scott in early 2014 and the search for Billy Oliveira, who went missing from Nāhiku in July of 2015.
The list includes the following:
- Billy Oliveira (M) 39, of Nāhiku: Last contact: July 13, 2015. Case#: MP34387
- David Janatka (M) 50, of Hāna: Last contact: Feb. 19, 2014. Case#: MP56215
- Carly Scott (F) 27 of Makawao: Last contact: Feb. 9, 2014. Case#: MP23930
- Moreira Monsalve (F) 46 of Wailuku: Last contact: Jan. 12, 2014. Case#: MP23732
- Laura Vogel (F) 43: Last seen in Haʻikū: Last contact: Feb. 21, 2010. Case#: MP5315
- Antonio Castro (M) 75 of South Kīhei: Last contact: March 14, 2007. Case#: MP1265
- Robert Amaral (M) of Lānaʻi: Last contact: July 29, 2005. Case#: MP1282
- Lee-Ann Lauaki (F): Last contact: May 19, 2005. Case#: MP1283
- Astara Evenstar (F) 15: Last contact: Jan. 10, 2004. Case#: MP4274
- John Madigan III (M) 52 of Pāʻia: Last contact: July 19, 2002. Case#: MP587
- Priscilla Martinez (F) of Honokōwai: Last contact: April 21, 2002: Case#: MP1284
- Noquisi-Ama Blossom (F) 15 of Makawao: Last contact: Oct. 18, 1995: Case#: MP4385