One Person Injured, Combustion Fumes From Generator Spark Kīhei Structure Fire
One person was injured when combustion fumes from a portable gasoline generator caused and explosion and sparked a structure fire in Kīhei on Monday evening, fire officials said.
Authorities say the combustion occurred after the generator was refueled and was being restarted. The explosion injured one individual and caused a fire within a storage structure.
The incident was reported at 5:34 p.m. on Monday, July 29, 2019 at a residence on Eleu Place.
Fire officials say the fire caused an estimated $2,500 in damage to an outside storage building and to contents within.
There was no damage to the primary structure on the property.
The fire was brought under control at 5:55 p.m. and extinguished at 5:59 p.m.