Target to Hire 1,000 Seasonal Team Members in Hawai‘i
National retailer, Target plans to hire more than 1,000 seasonal team members in Hawaiʻi this holiday season. The first of two national hiring events will take place in each Target store this weekend, Oct. 11-13, 2019.
Nationwide, the retailer is hiring more than 130,000 seasonal team members to fill a variety of roles at stores, distribution centers and fulfillment centers.
Based on the success of national hiring events in the past, there will be two rounds this season:
- Friday Oct. 11 to Sunday Oct. 13
- Saturday Nov. 2 to Sunday Nov. 3
- Events will be hosted from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (HST)
Interested candidates will have the opportunity to meet directly with Target store leaders and interview on the spot. Eligible candidates can also receive a conditional job offer during the weekend events. Applicants can also apply in advance online at TargetSeasonalJobs.com to secure and select a specific interview time.
In addition to earning at least $13 an hour (nearly double the federal mandate), seasonal employees benefit from:
- A 10% discount at Target stores and on Target.com
- Additional 20% merchandise wellness discount for fruits and vegetables, Good & Gather Organics products and C9 Champion merchandise
- The opportunity to earn holiday pay on Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Target will invest a total of $2 million dollars in to the work.win.give appreciation program. At each of Target’s more than 1,800 stores and 39 distribution centers, two hourly team members will be selected at random and rewarded with a $250 Target gift card and the opportunity to gift a $250 donation to a local organization of their choice.