Road Closures Scheduled for Maui Marathon
Drivers are being advised of road closures and traffic delays this Sunday, Oct. 13 for the 49th annual Maui Marathon.
Here is a schedule of closures:
- Cane Haul Road crossing Veterans Highway: Traffic will be stopped from 5 a.m. to 5:10 a.m.
- Kuihelani Highway/Dairy Road/Puʻunēnē Avenue intersection will be regulated by off-duty police officers from 4:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Kuihelani Highway, outer Kahului bound lane, from Puʻunēnē Avenue to Honoapiʻilani Highway will be closed to allow for a large safe travel area for runners while leaving the inner lane open for vehicular traffic.
- Honoapiilani Highway, Wailuku bound lanes within the Pali tunnel, will be closed from 5:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. to give runners safe travel through the tunnel. Two off-duty police officers, one on each side, will be posted at the tunnel and alternate traffic flow through the tunnel.
- Entire length of Front Street, Wailuku (south) bound lane only, will be closed from 4:15 a.m. to about 1 p.m.
- The entire mauka lane of Kāʻanapali Parkway will be closed for the duration of the event and will result in contraflow of traffic to resorts and Whalers Village.
- Set-up of finish line will start Saturday and traffic on the Kāʻanapali Parkway mauka lane specifically from the Westin Maui Resort & Spa and Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel will be closed. Contraflow of traffic will be established to resorts and Whalers Village.
- Kekaʻa Drive will be closed from the Kualapa Loop to the Kāʻanapali Parkway from 2 a.m. to 1 p.m. Traffic from the Royal Lahaina Resort and residents will enter and exit from the Honoapiʻilani Highway. Entry to Kāʻanapali Parkway will only be accessible from Honoapiʻilani Highway.
Several off-duty Maui police officers will be posted throughout the course directing traffic.
Motorists are being asked to drive safely and be aware of runners.
For more information, click here.