Lahaina Halloween Road Closures and Reveler Guidelines
The Maui Police Department is issuing a reminder to the public of road closures and slowed traffic due to this year’s Halloween event in Lahaina.
On October 31, police will be closing Front Street from Baker Street to Prison Street at 3:30 p.m., and anticipate re-opening Front Street at approximately 11 p.m.
“Public safety is our number one concern,” said police in a press release announcement. Participants and spectators are reminded of the following safeguards that will be employed during the Halloween festivities:
NO PARKING/STREET CLOSURES:
Parking will be prohibited in the following areas between the hours of 3:30 p.m., Oct. 31, 2019 and 2 a.m., Nov. 1, 2019:
- Front Street, from Prison Street to Baker Street
- Dickenson Street, from Front Street to Baldwin House Parking Lot.
- Lahainaluna Road, from Front Street to Wainee Street
- Papalaua Street, from Front Street to the entrance of the Lahaina Center
Violators will be cited and towed at their own expense.
ENFORCEMENT OF RULES AND LAW:
To ensure a safe and enjoyable time for all, the Maui Police Department will be on special alert for the following violations:
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages will not be allowed or tolerated in public areas. The use of plastic cups, water bottles, or any other drinking container to conceal liquor consumption is prohibited.
- Open lewdness will not be allowed or tolerated.
- Toy replicas of guns, knives, swords, or other types of weapons utilized as part of one’s costume will be inspected by the police. If found to be real or utilized in a dangerous manner, they will be confiscated and proper charges initiated.
- Throwing eggs, stink bombs or firecrackers may seem funny or amusing, however, it is dangerous and violators will be prosecuted.
- Although creativity is encouraged, costumes that pose a hazard to public safety due to their size or construction will be evaluated and will be banned if deemed inappropriate. Please keep mobility and safety, especially the safety of the pedestrian population at the event, in mind when designing your costume.
- Dogs will not be allowed in the area with the exception of registered service animals.
- Stationary performances within the event area will not be allowed. For example, no stopping to play music or putting on a skit.