Waiehu Golf Course Reopens Friday, May 1, With Health and Safety Precautions
The Waiehu Golf Course reopens on Friday, May 1, 2020, but with health and safety precautions due to COVID-19. Golf courses are among a list of businesses and parks scheduled to open under specific guidelines as part of a first phase of reopening in Maui County.
Maui Mayor Michael Victorino who made the announcement said, “We continue to look at ways to gradually reopen businesses and services, with added safeguards to protect the health and safety of our community.”
Below is a list of rules and guidelines provided by the county for playing at Waiehu Golf Course:
- No walk ups will be accepted.
- Reservations for tee times are required by calling the Starters Booth at (808) 270-7400.
- No cash will be accepted for green fees. Only credit cards will be accepted.
- There will be a 2.35 percent convenience fee for all credit card transactions and a $3.95 convenience fee for debit card transactions.
- Each golf cart shall have no more than one person
- Unless they are members of the same household.
- All persons over the age of 5 shall wear a face mask or cloth covering the nose and mouth until they are on the course.
- Each cart will have its own rake for sand trap restoration.
- All persons shall bring their own water and snacks. No water stations will be on the course.
- There shall be no sharing or touching of another’s golf equipment.
- All social distancing measures shall be adhered to.
- All recommendations set forth by the Professional Golf Association will be followed. For general parks information, visit www.mauicounty.gov/parks.
- Questions may be directed to the Waiehu Golf Course Starters Booth at (808) 270-7400.