No Tsunami Expected After 3.6 Earthquake Near Kīlauea Summit
There is no tsunami expected after a preliminary 3.6 magnitude earthquake reported at 5:46 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020 in the summit region of Kīlauea Volcano on Hawaiʻi Island.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says there is no tsunami expected.
The USGS reports the quake was located:
- 3.3 mi NNE of Volcano, Hawaii, United States
- 22.8 mi NE of Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaii, United States
- 25.3 mi NNE of Hilo, Hawaii, United States
- 51.2 mi WNW of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, United States
- 214.1 mi of NW of Honolulu, Hawaii, United States