Maui Post-Arrival COVID-19 Testing Begins Today
* Updated May 4, 11:00 AM
TRANS-PACIFIC POST-ARRIVAL TEST ON MAUI, STARTS MAY 4
Starting today, the County of Maui begins the soft rollout of a secondary test upon arrival at Kahului Airport for trans-Pacific flights.
The post-arrival test is for both visitors and returning residents who arrive directly from a mainland gateway city into Kahului Airport. Maui County will provide an exception for fully vaccinated trans-Pacific travelers from the post-arrival rapid COVID test requirement with proof of vaccination. They will still need to take a pre-departure test to receive the travel quarantine exception.
- Trans-Pacific travel include direct travel from a mainland city to Kahului Airport. Visitors and returning residents traveling from a mainlandcity to Kahului Airport are subject to this test.
- Maui County soft-launch for post-arrival COVID-19 rapid test program for trans-Pacific travelers begins today, May 4, 2021
- A Safe Travels pre-departure COVID test required, plus…
- NEW post-arrival rapid COVID-19 test required for unvaccinated travelers
- Travelers must complete a mandatory 10-day quarantine if post-arrival test is refused even if they completed the pre-departure test.
- Fully vaccinated travelers with proof (valid vaccination cards), will be exempt from the post-arrival testing requirement
- This is a Maui County program
INTER-COUNTY VACCINE TRAVEL PROTOCOL PROGRAM, STARTS MAY 11
On another note, the state starts its inter-island vaccine travel protocol program a week from today on May 11, 2021. Under that program, fully vaccinated travelers who received their vaccine in Hawaiʻi may travel inter-county without having to take a pre-travel test or quarantining for 10 days.
- This is for travel within Hawaiʻi from Oʻahu, Kauaʻi or Big Island to any Maui County airport
- The inter-island vaccine travel protocol program is expected to begin May 11, 2021
- Residents who were fully vaccinated in Hawaiʻi will be exempt from the pre-departure test and quarantine requirements for inter- county travel
- Unvaccinated, those vaccinated out-of-state, and minors ages 6-16, remain subject to Safe Travels requirements which include a pre-departure test or 10-day quarantine
- Documents will be verified by the state
- Upload vaccination documents to Safe Travels program starting on May 7
- Travel within Maui County is unrestricted (Maui-Molokaʻi-Lānaʻi)
- State of Hawaiʻi program