Maui Health Now Providing COVID-19 Booster Shots to All Eligible Individuals
* Updated October 8, 5:40 AM
Maui Health is now providing COVID-19 booster shots of the Pfizer vaccine to all eligible individuals, as approved by the CDC, effective immediately.
The Maui Health clinic will now provide booster doses of the Pfizer vaccine to all eligible health care and other frontline workers, including teachers and hotel employees, whose occupation or workplace settings present an increased risk of infection or transmission of COVID-19.
The administration of the booster dose is in conjunction with the hospital’s ongoing administration of the first, second, and third dose to all eligible individuals.
On Sept. 24, 2021, the booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was endorsed by the CDC for certain populations and divided into two categories for individuals who should get the booster dose and individuals who may get the booster dose.
Maui Health is now administering booster doses to both groups, which qualifies individuals who have already received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, with the last dose received at least six months ago, AND who also meet one of the following criteria:
- Are 65 years of age or older, or
- Nursing home or assisted living residents, or
- Foster homes and community care home residents, or
- Are 18 to 64 years of age with underling medical conditions, including cancer, diabetes, asthma, HIV infection, heart disease and obesity, or
- Are 18 to 64 years of age with increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting, including but not limited to healthcare, correctional facility staff and prisoners, and individuals in homeless shelters
Maui Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic, located in the main lobby at Maui Memorial Medical Center, is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Qualified individuals can still make an appointment in VAMS (https://vams.cdc.gov), if preferred, but all eligible individuals, including the expanded booster dose individuals, can bypass an appointment and walk-in for their vaccine anytime during regular clinic hours.
A valid ID is required for vaccination and participants are reminded to bring their vaccination card. To expedite the appointment process, patients are asked to download and complete the Insurance Information Form prior to arriving and bring a copy of their ID and insurance card. Please note that insurance is not required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Further instructions, forms, and the most up-to-date information can be found at mauihealth.org/covidvaccine.